Check out our event ideas and tips page for suggestions of what to do and to see the full list of all events that took place in previous years.
- This event has passed.
OFFICIAL LAUNCH Pro Bono Week 2023: Transforming lives through pro bono
November 6, 2023 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
We are delighted to be joined by the Attorney General the Rt Hon Victoria Prentis KC MP to launch Pro Bono Week 2023. We will host a short panel 6 – 7pm featuring inspiring examples of how pro bono can truly change lives (hybrid on Zoom and in person).
In person networking will follow the panel, from 7pm onwards, with a chance to meet people from across the legal and access to justice sectors with a shared interest in pro bono work of all kinds.
Register now to join us at https://pbw2023.eventbrite.co.uk. Those registering for the online ticket will receive a Zoom link closer to the time.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Attorney General, The Rt Hon Victoria Prentis KC MP
- Lady Rose, Justice of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom
- A five minute video message from Andy Malkinson, freed in December 2020 after serving a 17-year custodial sentence, following pro bono efforts.
- Katie Cotton, partner at Orrick, and advocate in the Voices for Families pro bono project.
- Caron Heyes, legal director at Fieldfisher and leader of Rachel’s Voice – a project to provide pro bono assistance through inquests to families following the deaths of people with learning disabilities.
- Laura Hyne, associate at Reed Smith who has worked on the Maternity Action Pro Bono email advice service since 2021.
- Annahita Moradi, barrister at One Pump Court and Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year 2022.
- Mair Williams, employed barrister at Latham & Watkins and a Trustee/Director of APPEAL
Our thanks for to Herbert Smith Freehills for kindly hosting this year’s launch!
Thanks jampondphotography.com for providing photography service pro bono to the event.