If you are organising an event whether online or in person, please let Mary Dobson Smith know email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Access to Justice: Successes & Failures in the Remote Provision of Legal Advice (C-19 and Beyond….) – Collaborative Plan UKademy Committee
November 4, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
The Collaborative Plan UKademy Committee cordially invites you to join an esteemed panel including:
- Alison Lamb: CEO RCJ Advice, Royal Courts of Justice,
- Lucy Isaac: Tribunals Coordinator, Z2K
- Julie Bishop: Director, Law Centres Network
- Eddie Coppinger: Director of the Legal Advice Centre (University House)
- Phil Worthington: Director, European Lawyers in Lesvos
For a discussion on how the remote working era accelerated by the coronavirus pandemic has changed the way in which we serve clients. Different settings will be looked at including: (i) welfare benefits tribunals; (ii) remote court hearings; (iii) legal advice centre support; and (iv) international legal assistance to asylum seekers.
Stories will be shared of the successes and failures of the last 6 months as well as the lessons learnt as we look forward to working through the rest of the pandemic and the remote-working era that we face beyond.
The event is open to all.