If you are organising an event whether online or in person, please let Mary Dobson Smith know email@example.com
- This event has passed.
APPG on Pro Bono and Public Legal Education
November 3, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Due to House of Commons restrictions this will now take place on Zoom.
This APPG meeting will provide a ‘Drop in’ for MPs to find out more about clinics and pro bono in their constituency and region. Please note due to current restrictions this is an invite only limited event. Please contact hannah.brearley@lawworks if interested in attending.
The event will start with a panel that will:
- share the latest LawWorks Clinics Report with MPs;
- launch LawWorks Clinics Manual (a guide on how to set up a local pro bono legal advice clinic);
- introduce different clinic models.
The Manual will provide tool for MPs in supporting and facilitating local firms/ practitioners and charities in their constituencies to ‘partner up’ to run a pro bono clinic, maintaining a close link to their to constituency office and caseworkers. MPs will be able to drop in over the afternoon to find out more about clinics.
- Laura Farris MP, Chair
- Suella Braverman MP, Attorney General
- Alex Chalk MP, Solicitor General
- Rebecca Wilkinson, LawWorks
- Linden Thomas, CLEO (the Clinical Legal Education Organisation)
- Sibon Piri, United Legal Access